From this presentation you will know how to create a scalable full text search solution with MySQL, how to tune MySQL full text search for maximum performance, how to integrate MySQL with external search solutions and much more.
Full Text Search is a very popular feature nowadays. Many large web sites use Full Text Search with MySQL to search thru the site content (texts, titles, names and etc). However, when the datasets are growing Full Text Search can perform much worse and use much more resources than before. In this presentation we will show how to create a high performance and scalable full text solution with MySQL, which can search thru billions of documents and terabytes of data.
From this presentation you will know:
1. How to scale your full text search
2. How to tune MySQL Full Text Search for maximum performance
3. How to optimize your full text search queries
4. How to integrate MySQL with external search engines (i.e. Sphinx Search)
5. How to perform a Full Text Search with automatic typos correction
My name is Alexander Rubin, I work as Senior Consultant at MySQL (now part of Sun Microsystems). I have over 8 years industry experience with the MySQL database, and specializes in performance tuning, full text search, high availability and the scale-out of database infrastructures. I have been a speaker at MySQL User Conference 2008 and 2009.